Monday, June 11, 2012

Back again

Too much work and no internet of my own kept me from my bloggish outpouring, but I'm back!

The apartment is all settled, thanks to flea markets, yard sales and few key new items, one being a Vizio 36" TV with cable and internet. I hated admitting how tied I was to TV. Just hearing another voice or at least having the opportunity after a hard day to sit mindlessly in front of flashing images and sounds to smother the stressful thoughts was more relaxing than I realized. An empty apartment with no carpet and little furniture has a sad echo. It was a bit like a cell. I thought of movie scenes where all the worldly possessions of a prisoner were few, simple and able to be contained in a small space. Sure, I have a couple of rooms to move through, but it sure seemed the same. Filling it all in, even with second (or possibly third hand) stuff was surprisingly comforting.

I'm still working wwaaaaaaayyyy too much though. 50+ hours a week for a personable enough boss but one who thinks everything - and I do mean everything on the radar - can be done, and therefore must at 100mph, all while being understaffed. (I currently have 5 technicians covering 24 X 7 SHIFTS!) But that's all for another blog....along with a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment